Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover CrossFit, footwear choices for kids, corrective exercise, our newest Featured Coach, and more!
1. It’s CrossFit and It’s Going to Hurt (Josh Bunch)
My client Amy taught me what I should have told everyone at my gym from the start. “Welcome to Practice CrossFit. It’s going to hurt.” But not doing it would hurt much more than doing it ever will.
2. Katy Bowman and the Biomechanics of Human Growth: Barefoot Babies (Nicole Crawford)
Biomechanics isn’t just for elite athletes and physical therapists. Katy Bowman, founder of the Restorative Exercise Institute, discusses ‘baby biomechanics’ and what feet have to do with it.
What is a “screen” and what is the goal of corrective exercise? Let’s take a look at how to screen, what the goal is, and how we can examine and correct the basic squat movement.
4. How to Train Strength and Conditioning for MMA (Sabina Skala)
Are you a trainer looking to prepare fighters for MMA matches? Or maybe you’re an MMA fighter looking to get stronger? Coach Sabina Skala shares her expertise and her training program.
5. 5 Killer Pushup Variations for Greater Gains (Mike Samuels)
What if I told you that certain types of push up may be even more beneficial for building muscle mass and strength than bench presses, dumbbell presses, or dips? Seems crazy, right? Well, read on.
6. Finding a Great Coach Means Finding a Warrior (Willow Ryan)
With so many trainers and coaches, how do you choose a GREAT one? Here are my five criteria for selecting an A+, great, warrior-spirited coach who can take you past your comfort zone to success.
7. Learning to Fly: Overcoming Our Physical Fears (Mahala Grant-Grierson)
Is fear stopping you from moving forward? Our physical practice can also become practice for overcoming fear in other places. For me, my practice is learning and conquering the handstand.