Ask any average person on the street how to get nice abs and they’ll probably mention crunches. A new research review suggests you’re probably better off doing deadlifts and squats.
Competition can be a double-edged sword, and is an often-criticized part of CrossFit. Much of this can be avoided by asking a few simple questions, and doing some appropriate goal setting.
3. How to Maximize Strength and Size With Bodyweight Exercise (Andrew Read)
Today we’re going to look at a few of the easiest ways to add difficulty to your bodyweight training in order to maximize strength and size. You just might be surprised at how effective these are.
4. Metabolic Breathing Ladders: Training in a State of Controlled Panic (Scott Abramouski)
The “forgotten” variable in your training is your breathing patterns. Breathing ladders will provide a challenge like no other you’ve experience, as well as offering great results.
5. Get a Grip: 3 Ways to Grip a Deadlift and How to Get Your Grip Stronger (Chet Morjaria)
When it comes to deadlifting, you have three grips to choose from – the hook grip, the double overhand grip, and the mixed grip. Let’s look at each and explore what they each have to offer.
6. Why All Surfers Should Be Doing CrossFit (James Buchanan)
This article is directed at those who can surf but do not have access to the surf every day. Here’s how CrossFit can help you get the most out of your time in the water.
7. MovNat and the Mature Athlete (Lori Crock)
It caught me off guard recently when someone referred to me as a mature athlete? Me? I don’t feel “mature” but that’s partly because I regularly practice movement based on the MovNat philosophy.