Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s list was as varied as ever, with popular articles on kettlebells, Turkish get ups, running and rowing tips, why hugs (and blueberries) are awesome, and much more!
1. Hugs Are Awesome (And Good For Your Health, Too) (Traver H. Boehm)
Increasing pleasure, decreasing stress, increasing human bonding, and all the while decreasing the risk of common heart ailments – sign me up please! Hugs are awesome.
2. The Get Up: Why It’s My Favorite Exercise (Andrew Read)
The get up has been around since the time of strongmen and for good reason. It develops strength, balance, flexibility, and more. It’s also how I found the RKC and it changed my body – and my life.
3. Using the Kettlebell to Build Strength Endurance (Andrew Read)
The best way to train for endurance with kettlebells looks as lot like the Westside Barbell protocol from Louie Simmons. Here the idea is explained and sample workouts outlined.
4. Size Doesn’t Matter – But Your Technique Does (For Running, That Is) (Stephanie Case)
The size of your glutes doesn’t matter, but your running technique sure does. Experienced ultrarunner Stephanie Case gives her top five tips on how to run better, further, and faster.
5. The 17 Commandments of Rowing – My Journey From Hate to Happiness (Becca Borawski)
I used to hate rowing, but then I actually learned how to do it properly…and I fell in love. Read these 17 tips on how to become a more efficient and happier rower.
6. The Peripheral Teammate (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
You don’t actually have to be a competitor to be a true teammate. I have found strength in being the “peripheral teammate” and I know what I do makes a difference for my team at CrossFit LA.
7. Study Suggests Eating Blueberries May Prevent Exercise-Induced Muscle Soreness (Joshua Wortman)
New research examines the relationship between exercise-induced muscle soreness and blueberries. Science says blueberries can help you recover faster after your workouts. Find out how!