Very Veggie Stew
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt or Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions along with ½ teaspoon sea salt and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the thyme and coconut flour. Slowly whisk in the vegetable stock and squash and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and cook on low for 1½ hours.
- Before serving, add the kale, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and season to taste with remaining ½ teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Veggie comfort food at its finest: