Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 5 garnet yams, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh turmeric
- 4 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 5 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash, strain, and pick through the lentils.
- Melt the coconut oil on medium heat, add in the grated turmeric, ginger, and lentils.
- Sauté for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the yams and toss until well coated and slightly caramelized.
- Pour in stock, bring to a gentle boil, and simmer until lentil and yams are soft enough to easily squish with the back of your spoon.
- Take the soup off the heat and mix in coconut milk.
- Season to taste and serve.
More vegan meals that will satisfy: