40 Days Of Clean Eating: Southwest Salad With Chipotle Dressing
Day 40 of 40
Prep time: 10 min
- 2 cups mixed greens (romaine, spinach, spring greens)
- 1 corn on the cob, grilled and kernels cut off (or use ½ cup frozen and then cooked corn kernels)
- 2 scallions, grilled if desired and then sliced into bite size pieces
- 15-20 grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Crushed tortilla chips for garnish/crunch
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo, finely chopped
- In a large serving dish, layer the greens, corn, scallions, tomatoes, and black beans.
- Add tortilla chips if desired.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, add all dressing ingredients and whisk until combined. If using a mason jar, screw on lid and shake until combined.
- Pour over salad and enjoy!
Also delicious with chopped avocado, diced grilled chicken or steak!
Serve this salad with a fantastic main dish:
Topic: Healthy Eating