Day 39 of 40
Originally posted on Cooking Up Clean [Photo credit: Kari Lund]
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce, or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Soak defrosted or fresh scallops in a salt water bath for 30 minutes (optional).
- Combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, pour most of sauce over scallops and stir until evenly coated.
- Thread scallops onto shish kabob sticks.
- Grill scallops over moderate heat for about 2 minutes per side. Baste with remaining sauce while grilling and just before serving.
You can also sauté these in a cast iron griddle on stovetop for the same amount of time. This seasoning blend is also great on any other firm fish.
Make a salad for the side: