40 Days of Clean Eating: Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole
Day 25 of 40
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 45 min
- 1 pound shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ pound ground breakfast sausage (optional)
- 2-3 ounces cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (I used Himalayan pink)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, brown the hash browns with butter or olive oil until warmed and lightly browned.
- Place hash browns on the bottom of a greased 1.5-2 quart casserole dish.
- In the same sauté pan, brown sausage with the onion and then layer on top of the hash browns.
- Sprinkle the chopped spinach and feta overtop of the sausage.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk and rest of the seasonings together.
- Pour eggs over spinach and feta.
- Bake about 45 minutes until center is set and no longer wiggly.
- If you prefer not to bake it right away, this can be fully prepped, covered, and refrigerated overnight and then baked in the morning. Note, it will take extra bake time if baking directly from the refrigerator—closer to 60 minutes.
- Leftovers can easily be refrigerated or frozen for an easy heat and eat breakfast option.
Make dinner hearty and filling:
Topic: Healthy Eating