Fast Fuel: Triple Protein Avocado Boats
- 3 avocados
- 2 cups Red Pepper Hummus (recipe follows)
- 6 large eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay out parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Place avocados on cookie sheet.
- Fill each avocado half with 1 tablespoon of red pepper hummus (store bought or follow recipe below).
- Add one cracked egg to each avocado half.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until egg is set.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas (about 1 1/2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup roasted bell peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Ground cayenne for garnish
- Mix all in food processor until smooth.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with ground cayenne as garnish.
More avocado for your system:
Topic: Healthy Eating