30 Minute Protein Pasta Skillet
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 box of gluten free penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 jar pasta organic sauce
- 1 large container of full fat cottage cheese 24 ounces
- 3 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 4 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil and the diced onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the minced garlic and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is softened and translucent.
- In a separate small bowl, place the cottage cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, and spices. Set the mixture aside.
- In the 12-inch skillet add the al dente noodles and cheese mixture and 1/3 of the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the skillet and bring to a simmer over low to medium heat.
- Top with remaining cheese.
More skillet meals: