Day 21 of 40
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 35 min
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 5 oz pancetta or about 6-8 slices of bacon, diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded or sliced thin
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and add shallot.
- Sauté shallot on medium low heat for 10 minutes and then add pancetta/bacon.
- Stir fry until shallot is caramelized and pancetta is cooked through but not crispy about 20 minutes.
- Slice or shred Brussels sprouts while shallot and pancetta are cooking.
- Toss in cranberries and stir fry a few minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and stir fry 3-5 minutes until sprouts are bright green and warmed.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste.
Make the healthy choice: