Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover back injury prevention and recovery, fat loss advice, strength training for endurance athletes, recipes for those chia seeds, and more!
1. How to Heal Shoulder and Lumbar Spine Injuries (Lindsey Mathews)
As a health practitioner, the two most common injuries I see are shoulder and low back injuries. Here is my advice for how to handle and heal from these common athletic injuries.
2. 4 Key Strength Exercises For Endurance Athletes (Andrew Read)
As you need to spend more and more time developing endurance to go faster and faster you’ll need to refine your strength plan to the bare minimum. Here are my four go-to exercises.
3. The Right Way to Lose Fat: How to Exercise (Tom Kelso)
So, what’s the best way to train to lose fat? Work harder. I wrote a whole article about it and I think it’s a good article and worth reading. But really, just work harder…oh, and eat better.
4. Super-Fun Recipes For Chia Seeds, the New Superfood (Tara Goodyear)
These little seeds are healthier than coffee and provide sustained energy. The Tarahumara use it to power their running for hundreds of miles! Here are some recipes so you can utilize this superfood.
5. Top 10 Foods to Gain Muscle Mass (Wayne Griffins)
We need to train smart. This means knowing how nutrition works and how to utilize it for your own fitness and strength gains. So, here is my list of the top 10 foods to help you gain more muscle.
6. The Right Way to Lose Fat: How to Eat (Tom Kelso)
What do you REALLY need to know about food in regards to fat loss? Let’s break down what a calorie is, if it makes a difference where it comes from, and the ideal macronutrient combination.
7. Hip Opening Yoga Poses and Stretches, Part 2: Knee Pile and Pigeon (Willow Ryan)
In this second part of our hip opening series we focus on kneepile and pigeon pose. The video also demonstrates variations and modifications on these poses for all levels of student.