40 Days of Clean Eating: Asian Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
Day 30 of 40
Prep time: 10 min (not including marinating time)
Cook time: 15 min
- ½ cup low sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Splash of lime or lemon juice
- 1 pound beef round steak, sliced into strips
- 4-6 cups shredded cabbage
- Prepare marinade by whisking all ingredients together in small bowl.
- Divide marinade in half and pour half of the marinade over beef. Set remaining half of marinade aside in fridge for the sauce.
- Marinate beef for a minimum of 8 hours (up to 24).
- In a wok or large fry pan, stir fry marinated beef until fully cooked.
- Add onion and peppers and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade and water to the pan and stir fry.
- Add arrowroot/water mixture and cook until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over chopped cabbage.
Make dinners that satisfy:
Topic: Healthy Eating