Welcome to our second week of workouts designed by Dan John. With a background in track and field, weightlifting, and Highland Games, and having worked with elite athletes for years, Dan knows what it takes to make someone fast and strong.
Three new workouts from Dan will be posted each week, starting on Monday. They can be done on any day you have available.
To learn more about Dan, read our feature interview:
Week Two – Consisting of Two Days Lifting & One Tumbling Workout
Daily Warm Up:
I suggest you use a Kettlebell or a Dumbbell when you warm up. I start off with a series of walks, easy squats, some planks, and then move up to some lifting movements like the Row and Push Up. If you need to do additional mobility work, do it here, but reserve things like Static Stretching and Foam rolling until after the workout.
- Waiter Walks/Suitcase Walks
- Light Goblet Squats / Hip Flexor Stretch “Make Space”
- Plank (Superman and One Leg Variations)
- Windmill Movements (Get Up Series)
- Pushup Position Planks (Superman and One Leg Variations)
- Scap or Horizontal Shrugs “Relax into Stretch”
- Three Point One Arm Rows
- Alligator Push Ups Tic-tock-tic-tock…(Do a Push Up, move a hand forward, Push Up, Move other hand forward…a walking Push Up)
- Half Turkish Get ups using the elbow as a lever
“Big Five 55”
All lifts are except Chicken Thieves are done in 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Meaning 10 reps of each exercise, following by 9 reps of each, etc, down to 1.
- Front squat
- Chicken thieves (Farmer Walks OVER Hurdles with light Kbells in your hands)
- Power Curls (or Power Cleans)
- Pull Ups
Don’t add weight!!! Do this really light the first time you try it…really light! Tap out at 23 minutes or so. If you can’t finish in under 23 minutes, you went too heavy (and I warned you!).
Post loads and time to comments below.