Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the seven most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover the 10 x 3 protocol, the best exercises for muay Thai, the 300 Swings a Day Kettlebell Challenge, the CrossFit Games leaderboard, the get up, the Tactical Strength Challenge, and controlling overhead movement.
1. Why 10 x 3 Is Best for Strength and Size (Andrew Read)
Everyone knows typical gym training begins with three sets of ten. But what happens when you do ten sets of three? Give it a try for six weeks and see how fast you grow in size and strength.
If you practice martial arts, then you need to strength train in order to maximize your performance. Here are the top five bang-for-your-buck exercises for fighters.
3. Join the 300 Swings a Day Kettlebell Challenge and Burn an Extra 947 Calories a Day (Breaking Muscle HQ)
Introducing the 300 Swings a Day, 30-Day Kettlebell Challenge for those who want to blast fat, boost muscle, and build ‘kettlebooty.’ Are you in?
4. The CrossFit Games Open: Let Go of the Leaderboard (Patrick McCarty)
Your position on the leaderboard and in your box is completely arbitrary, based on the huge variable that is everyone else. Why would you define yourself according to variables you cannot control?
5. The Value of the Get Up: Broken Down Into 6 Pieces (Andrew Read)
Here’s a list of reasons why you should be doing the get up, broken down by section – as in, the various sections of the movement itself. And no, it’s not just simply standing up with a bell.
The StrongFirst Tactical Strength Challenge is based on functional and varied exercises that challenge an athlete’s strength and endurance. Are you signed up?
7. Getting Control of Overhead Movement: 5 Basic Drills to Prepare the Body (Lauren Beasley)
Everyone needs to perform overhead shoulder movement. Here are five drills to activate muscles, layer movements together, and prep for overhead work.