Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the seven most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover food issues, spine stabilization, the rules of strength training, good posture, the bar muscle up, the kettlebell swing, and stress urinary incontinence!
1. The Biggest Loser: A CrossFit Perspective on Rachel Frederickson (Patrick McCarty)
Shouldn’t we get excited when someone who is out of shape, unhealthy, overweight, weak, or recovering walks in to our box? That’s what this movement is supposed to be about.
2. Spine Stabilization: How Your Core Should Be Working (Jason Burtchell)
When you “tighten your core,” what muscles are you using? Does your posture change? Does your pelvis tilt? Let’s take a look at what’s going on in your core, and how it should be working.
3. The Rules of Strength Training (Part 1): 25 Things I Have Learned (Chet Morjaria)
I think part of the reason I love lifting is the fact that it is a lifetime journey of learning and strength. Here are 25 things I’ve learned so far along the way.
4. How to Unlock Your Athletic Potential Through Good Posture (Robert Camacho)
If you fix your postural alignment you will jump higher, run faster, hit harder and help prevent a laundry list of injuries that could keep you out of the gym for months.
5. Proper Foundations: A 5 Step Progression to the Bar Muscle Up (Amber Larsen)
This article is going to explain the five proper foundational movements to get your first bar muscle up – and how to do so without injuring yourself in the process.
6. 12 Sets of Advice on the Kettlebell Swing (Breaking Muscle HQ)
Welcome to our collection of articles and videos on the humble kettlebells swing. Whether you want strength, speed, endurance, or fat loss, you are in the right place.
Losing urine during a workout isn’t okay, and isn’t a badge of honor as to how hard you worked. Here’s what’s really going on and how you can stop peeing yourself.
Photo courtesy of NBC.