Day 10 of 40
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 cups sliced potatoes (I used fingerlings for cute little circles)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk kefir (or coconut milk, or dairy cream)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed beef gelatin (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Manchego (or parmesan) cheese, grated for topping
- In a frying pan, brown the sausage with the onion and garlic.
- While sausage is browning, place broth, potatoes, oregano, and pepper flakes in saucepan and heat to boiling.
- Once sausage is browned, add it to the saucepan and boil until potatoes are tender.
- Add kale, coconut kefir (or cream), and gelatin (if using).
- Spoon into bowls and top with cheese if desired.
Notes: Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen.
More filling and nutritious meal ideas: