Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s popular topics – doctors who CrossFit, the RKC evolution, overhead squats, digestive health tips, and more!
1. How CrossFit Makes Me a Better Doctor (Lindsey Mathews)
When I walk up and see that whiteboard each day, I truly believe I’m training mentally for the tasks (patients) that walk into my office each day. CrossFit has made me a better doctor.
2. The RKC Evolution (Andrew Read)
RKC luminaries such as Dan John, Brett Jones, Andrea DuCane, and Gray Cook all share their thoughts on the evolution of the RKC and the genius of Pavel Tsatsouline.
3. Why Don’t Olympic Weightlifters Overhead Squat? Part 2 (Nick Horton)
Part one of this article proved to be a bit controversial! In this second installment we break down why the snatch is challenging and why the overhead squat won’t help you.
4. How the LA Kings Saved My Grandfather and Me (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
Little did I know the LA Kings and the Stanley Cup would be the elements that finally brought my Marine Corps grandfather and me together, and rekindled our relationship.
5. No More Circus Tricks: The Proper Progression For Strength (Andrew Read)
Mobility, stability, and strength. Set your program accordingly. Get rid of the circus tricks and actually spend your training time working on the things that will help you succeed the fastest.
6. Athlete Journal: Valerie Worthington, Entry 13 – Back to Love (Valerie Worthington)
Time for an attitude adjustment. Time to get out of the post-tournament-loss dark place and remember why I love Brazilian Jiu Jitsu…and myself.
7. Everybody Poops, Part 1: When the Going Gets Tough (Traver H. Boehm)
Everybody poops. It’s true. I poop. Hopefully, you poop. But sometimes the act goes smoother than others. Here are some tips on how to get things moving again.