Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the seven most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover CrossFit programming, kettlebell swings for fat loss, fixing the hips, knee sleeves, incentivizing quality movement, universal squat principles, and conquering low back pain!
1. CrossFitters Shouldn’t Do Isabel (And Other Blasphemies) (Patrick McCarty)
I challenge every box reading this to program workouts for one month without high-rep Olympic lifts or touch-and-go deadlifts. There are so many workout options not being utilized.
2. 300 Swings a Day for Faster Fat Loss (Pat Flynn)
Would you like a simple way to cut fat? If so, then let me tell you about the kettlebell swing, and specifically, about doing 300 swings per day, everyday, and without exception.
3. It’s All in the Hip: 5 Steps to Fixing Movement Dysfunction (Lauren Beasley)
In my last article I revealed that hip instability is the common source of many problems and sub-par performances. Now, I’m going to share the five steps to fix your hips.
4. The Advantages of Knee Sleeves: What They Are and When to Wear Them (Katie Chasey)
You are likely to run into someone wearing knee sleeves at almost any gym. Let’s discuss what they are, what they do, and when to wear them.
5. It’s Not CrossFit’s Fault, It’s the Reinforcement System (Craig Marker)
When we are trying to get in as many reps as possible or get the lowest time, we may lose sight of our goals of getting fit, looking better, and continuing a healthy lifestyle.
6. Do We All Squat the Same? 3 Movement Principles For Every Body (Danny Matta)
For all the thousands of different people I have worked with, one thing has remained the same. You can’t change movement principles. Here are three things that means in terms of the squat.
7. Super D Video: Performance Therapy Protocol to Conquer Low Back Pain (Donnie Thompson)
Follow this protocol and you too will conquer the most common injury to the upright walking man – low back pain.
Photo courtesy of CrossFit LA.