40 Days of Clean Eating: Salty Sweet Jalapeño Poppers
Day 5 of 40
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Yield: 20 poppers
- 10 jalapeños
- 8 medjool dates, pitted (if you use regular dates, you'll need 16-20 since they are much smaller)
- 8 slices of uncured, all natural bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons quinoa flakes (or panko bread crumbs or parmesan cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise and seed them.
- Arrange jalapeño halves onto a baking sheet.
- Combine dates and bacon in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground together.
- Spoon filling into each of the jalapeño halves.
- Sprinkle quinoa flakes (or panko, or parmesan cheese) over each popper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
More clean eating appetizer recipe ideas:
Topic: Healthy Eating