Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular topics include mature athletes, progress, sandbags, CrossFit in Brazil, and more!
1. Top 6 Ways to Know You’re a Mature Athlete (Becca Borawski)
I used to joke about wanting be in the “masters” category of competition, now for the first time I feel like a mature athlete. What makes me feel this way? Six things in particular, and here they are.
2. Is My Progress TOO Slow? (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
I’ve been CrossFitting for over two years now. Much to my surprise, I cannot handstand walk to the grocery store. Sometimes I get frustrated at what feels like my very slow progress.
3. The Most Misunderstood Training Tool: The Sandbag (Josh Henkin)
To create a successful training system with the sandbag we first need to understand what makes it so unique. Instability, dimension, and placement all make the sandbag effective and special.
4. The 2012 CrossFit Games Brazil (Hannah Caldas)
This year saw the 3rd installment of the CrossFit Games Brazil. I was present as a competitor and observer. What I saw confirmed the universal athleticism and camaraderie of CrossFit.
5. Product Review: Pure Pharma M3 (Three Minerals) (Logan Gelbrich)
PurePharma’s Three Minerals (M3) product is a dietary supplement with a double dose of magnesium and a dose of zinc.
Research indicates what we eat before and during a workout may have a significant impact on the body’s ability to recover and adapt. Science gives us some clues about what and when to eat.
7. Train Like a Rugby Pro – In Less Time and With Less Violence (Bladen Baird)
Rugby league is a brutal sport requiring great strength and conditioning. I’m going to share with you how you can train like a pro rugby player, but adapt it to your schedule and fitness goals.