Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. In this week’s top 7 you’ll find articles about Olympic lifting, kids and processed food, cortisol, vegan bulletproof coffee, free bodyweight workouts, hydration, and CrossFit!
1. 20 Tips That Will Make You Better At Olympic Weightlifting (Chet Morjara)
Here are twenty things for you to think about and implement next time you’re practicing your clean and jerk. Twenty little things can make a huge difference in your performance.
2. What Processed Food Is Doing to Kids and How We Can Change It (Nicole Crawford)
By now you’ve probably heard to avoid feeding your kids a lot of processed food. Here are a few reasons why and also some tips for weaning children off highly processed, low nutrient foods.
3.18 Weeks of Free Bodyweight Workouts (54 Workouts!) (Breaking Muscle HQ)
Looking for workouts you can do anywhere? Or maybe you’re just really into bodyweight exercise? Here are 18 weeks (54 workouts) that need no equipment, and are totally free!
4. A Guide to Choosing a CrossFit Gym (By Someone Who Doesn’t Own One) (John Mallon)
I don’t own a gym and I don’t want to own a gym. I have been doing CrossFit for four years and here are the things I think you should consider when shopping for a CrossFit gym in your area.
5. How Long Does It Take to Get Hydrated? (Jeff Barnett)
Hydration is important, but it’s easier to restore than you think. New science shows all it takes is a couple glasses a water, not even an hour before your workout.
6. Bulletproof Coffee: The Vegan Version (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
I’ve been intrigued by the concept of “Bulletproof” coffee, but as a vegan I don’t eat butter. So, I decided to try it with coconut oil instead and see what benefits I gained.
7. The Ups and Downs of Cortisol: What You Need to Know (Vanessa Bennington)
You know that high cortisol levels are bad. Do you know what cortisol does in the body and why you need it, though? Learn about this amazing substance and its full-body impact.
Photo courtesy of Andrew Lockey.