Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover cellulite, inflammation, alignment, pull ups, MovNat, strongman training, and fire fighters!
1. The Dirty Little Secret of the Female Athlete: Cellulite (Vanessa Bennington)
I have a secret. It’s one I’ve been trying to cover it up since I was thirteen. I felt that my secret would lead people to believe I was fat, lazy, gross, and unattractive. Do you share my secret?
2. An Athlete’s Guide to Inflammation: What to Eat and What to Avoid (Brad Sly)
Some foods promote inflammation, while others alleviate it. Unless you are eating and supplementing with this in mind, you could be seriously impeding your performance in the gym.
3.CrossFit Pull Ups: Which Came First? The Strict or the Kip? (Amber Larsen)
The most common complaint I hear in my practice is “I hurt myself doing kipping pull ups.” And the most frequent question I ask is, “Do you have your strict pull up?”
4. Load Bearing 101: Lessons From Katy Bowman in How to Hold Your Own Weight (Nicole Crawford)
The way we carry our bodies plays a critical role in our ability to lift heavier loads and move without pain. Here are 3 lessons I learned recently at a workshop with biomechanist Katy Bowman.
5.Why MovNat Benefits Athletes in All Sports (Khaled Allen)
No matter what sport you do, MovNat can help you improve. A comprehensive physical education system, it addresses everything from strength and power to coordination and awareness.
6. Fit for Duty: The Fitness of Firefighting (John Annillo)
It doesn’t matter if you are FDNY or a volunteer fireman in a small town. Firefighting is one of the most physically demanding and dangerous of all civilian occupations.
7. Pick Up Something New: 10 Loaded Carries to Strengthen Your Training (And Yourself) (Chet Morjaria)
Do you include loaded carries in your training? That’s not a loaded question. Whether you do or not, carry on. You’ll pick up something new.