Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover sustainable training, fitness excuses, facts of physical training, kettlebell cleans, mature athletes, post-workout nutrition, and CrossFit!
After years of doing CrossFit, my body was plagued with nagging injuries. Maybe a different version of the CrossFit Kool-Aid was something to consider?
2. 21 Reasons Not to Join a Gym (Chet Morjaria)
Yes, that’s right. Here are 21 reasons not to get off the treadmill, office chair, or sofa and join your local strength and conditioning facility.
3. 6 Forgotten or Misunderstood Facts of Physical Training (Tom Kelso)
I know reality sucks, but you need to be aware of the nonsense out there so you can implement a training program that is realistic and practical to your genetic endowment.
4. The CrossFit Games Open is Broken, Part 4: Judging of Video Submissions (Patrick McCarty)
So what are the rules when it comes to video submissions and the judging of same? The official rulebook is silent on this and it seems like there is no governance of the video submissions at all.
5. Get Bigger Guns With Kettlebell Cleans (Andrew Read)
If you hit this workout twice a week for a month I guarantee you’ll be surprised – not just at how your arms grow, but at how many factors like your pull ups and your conditioning grow too.
6. Fit at Forty: 3 Keys for Guys Like Me (Andrew Read)
Getting older doesn’t mean you have to quit working hard, but it does mean you need to be smarter about how you go about it. Here’s what I’ve learned and what I recommend.
7. Post-Workout Nutrition: 10 Articles To Help You Fuel Your Training (Breaking Muscle HQ)
Fuelling your training doesn’t just take place before your workout. Read these ten articles to learn the ins and outs of how you should eat after you train.
Photo provided by CrossFit LA.