Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the seven most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover common training mistakes, reality TV, squatting more weight, overcoming CrossFit plateaus, fixing squats and deadlifts with bands, daily movement, and advice for vegan strength athletes!
1. 5 Common Training Mistakes and How to Fix Them (Tom Kelso)
We’re human and not infallible. We all screw up from time to time. Here is a short list of what I believe are the common training transgressions.
2. The Real Biggest Loser Is the Show Itself (Andrew Read)
If I could have one wish granted for Christmas it would be for “Biggest Loser” to be removed from television for good.
3. How to Squat More Without Getting Stronger (Chet Morjaria)
Here are eight ways you can increase your squat without getting any stronger. Believe me, you already have the strength. It’s simply a case of learning how to tap into it.
4. The Life Cycle of a CrossFitter, Part 1: The Dreaded Plateau (Patrick McCarty)
When we first start CrossFit we are in a honeymoon phase full of PRs and magic. But about eighteen months in we hit injury and plateau. Why does this happen and how can you change your trajectory?
5. Fixing Common Squat and Deadlift Problems with Bands (Greg Nuckols)
I prefer to fix common squat and deadlift problems with a loaded bar on my back or in my hands. You can use resistance bands to accomplish this, as long as you have a little imagination.
6. It’s Not Your Metabolism, It’s Your “NEAT” That’s Stopping Your Fat Loss (Vanessa Bennington)
The vast majority of people who complain about their slow metabolisms don’t have a metabolism problem at all. They have a movement problem. A lack of movement, that is.
7. Strong, Healthy, and Vegan? (Yes, It Can Be Done) (Melody Schoenfeld)
If the only thing standing between you and going vegan is the fear that your health or strength will suffer, then allow me to allay your fears. What should a vegan strength athlete eat?
Photo provided by CrossFit LA.