Day 1 of 40
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or Cajun seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup fresh chopped spinach (about a small handful of leaves prior to chopping)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives or cilantro
- Dried chile threads, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss shredded sweet potato, chili powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Divide potato mixture evenly among four greased ramekins (or a jumbo muffin pan) and press on bottom and up onto sides to make a nest.
- Divide spinach evenly inside potato nest.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Gently crack an egg into each of the ramekins and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake an additional 13-15 minutes until egg whites are set but yolk should still be runny (if you prefer a firm egg yolk, bake a little longer until fully set).
- To plate the egg nests, gently run a butter knife along the edge and slide onto plate. Garnish with chopped chives and chile threads.
More eggs to fuel your system: