Day 37 of 40
Originally posted on Cooking Up Clean [Photo credit: Kari Lund]
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 60 min
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (smoked salt is super in this dish if you have it!)
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1¼ cups mayonnaise, preferably homemade (can use part plain greek yogurt if preferred)
- 6 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce (like Frank’s red hot)
- ¼ cup water (if needed for extra moisture)
- 4-6 sweet potatoes
- Fresh chopped chives for garnish
- Season chicken breasts with the cajun seasoning and cook either in crockpot on low for 4-5 hours or roast them until tender enough to shred. Leftovers are also good for this. Shred them up and place in a saucepan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake sweet potatoes about 45 minutes until they are tender.
- While potatoes are baking, mix the filling. Place the chicken with all other ingredients except potatoes in a saucepan and mix together. Heat until celery becomes softer and ingredients are nice and creamy.
- Split open baked potatoes with a knife and top with a heaping scoop of buffalo chicken filling.
Bring more meat to the table: