Day 34 of 40
Originally posted on Cooking Up Clean [Photo credit: Kari Lund]
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2-3 eggs
- ½ pound ground chorizo sausage
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- Black pepper to taste
- Cilantro and chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an oven safe skilled (cast iron works great), brown the sausage with the onion, bell pepper, and sweet potato until sausage is cooked and potato is fork tender.
- Break 2 or 3 eggs over top of the sausage mixture without breaking the yolks.
- Bake until the eggs have mostly set, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and delicious.
Make a delicious afternoon snack: