Day 23 of 40
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoon miso paste (either red or white)
- 1 small shallot, caramelized in olive oil or butter
- Chives or green onions for garnish
- Bring sweet potatoes, broth, and water to a boil in a medium saucepot and boil until potatoes are soft.
- While potatoes are boiling, sauté onion and garlic in oil or butter until translucent.
- Add sautéed onion and garlic and the miso paste to the sweet potato saucepot.
- When potatoes are soft, pureé the soup with an immersion blender or by pouring it into a blender and pureéing.
- If desired, top with caramelized shallot and chives.
Add to your cleean eating lifestyle: