This past year was a year of personal records here at Breaking Muscle, and we hope you hit some personal records in 2012 in your training, too. We brought more coaches online to write for us, featured some amazing guest writers, and our featured coaches were a who’s who of the world’s best.
When it comes to providing articles for you to read, it’s easy for us to tell what you like – the numbers show us. And the numbers from 2012 revealed your ten favorite articles from the entire year.
Here they are, starting with the number one most popular article of 2012:
- The 5 Best Olympic Weightlifting Shoes for Under $200 in 2012 (Nick Horton) – Gone are the days where you have to spend $250 to get a pair of shoes that will last you years. Now you can spend almost HALF of that, and have shoes that will last you for years.
- Stop Doing Kegels: Real Pelvic Floor Advice For Women (and Men) (Nicole Crawford) – You can never do too many Kegels, right? Wrong. Katy Bowman of the Restorative Exercise Institute discusses how to really strengthen your pelvic floor – during pregnancy and otherwise.
- 3 Simple Ways to Heal a Stiff, Sore, or Injured Neck (Traver Boehm) – One of the most common martial arts injuries is cervical strain or sprain – meaning a sore, tight, or injured neck. Here are three simple ways you can help yourself heal.
- 10 Day Juice Fast: Is Juicing Good For You? (Traver Boehm) – Today is day eight. “Day eight of what?” you ask. Great question. Well folks, for the past eight days, I have lived (primarily) off of the ingestion of juiced fruits and vegetables.
- Train Like A Man, But Eat Like A Woman! (Lauren Brooks) – Intermittent fasting might be all the rage, but it’s just bad news for women. I talked to a number of female fitness experts and they all agreed – IF is not for women.
- The Kettlebell Swing: Why It’s the Perfect Exercise (Andrew Read) – Are you looking for an exercise to improve your posture, strengthen your posterior chain, strengthen your heart, AND help you lose weight? Look no further – you are looking for the kettlebell swing.
- Demystifying Supplements: The 4 Essential Daily Supplements You Need (Becca Borawski) – The world of supplements is confusing. But, what if supplementation helped you – a normal person – feel better, perform better, and live longer? Here are the four essential supplements you need.
- The World’s Best Personal Security Does CrossFit (Traver Boehm) – How does the world’s number one private security firm ensure its protectors are constantly in the best physical shape? Simple – they have them do CrossFit.
- The Secret Advice of a Vegan CrossFitter (Danette Rivera) – After a particularly grueling CrossFit workout, one of my gym mates motioned me over to the rowers. This was not the first time I’d been pulled into the shadows to whisper about – gasp! – vegetables.
- The 7 Fitness Myths (i.e. Total B.S.) You Need to Know (Nick Horton) – Seven things you might think you know about fitness…that just aren’t true at all. Start your New Year on the right foot, with some real knowledge about how to reach your fitness goals.