Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week’s most popular posts cover protein bars, Olympic weightlifting, supporting an athletic spouse, the Heraean Games, and more!
1. My Top 5 Protein Bars That Are Good For You and the Planet (Heidi George)
You could say I’m obsessed with protein bars. Here are my 5 favorite based on nutritional value, simplicity of ingredients, impact on the environment, and, of course, the taste and texture.
2. Why You Need To Know Your Snatch to Clean and Jerk Ratio (Bob Takano)
An important ratio for a weightlifter to know is the ratio of the snatch to the clean and jerk. I’m going to tell you why it’s important and how to make appropriate training adjustments.
3. The Good Wife: Supporting an Athletic Spouse (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
My husband is the most accomplished athlete in our household, and we’re a competitive crew. It’s important to me and my daughters to be with him when he competes, even at the USTA Nationals.
4. The Heraean Games: Not Just For Sparta (Nicole Crawford)
Sarah Wilson of Fashletics has organized an amazing CrossFit event for ladies, inspired by the ancient Spartan Heraean Games.
5. A Doctor’s Tips For Knee Surgery Recovery (Lindsey Mathews)
I love when someone comes into my practice after knee surgery. I’ve been there, too, and I know exactly how to help them get moving and training again in no time.
6. The Scale Lies: Why the DEXA Scan Is Best (Keith Norris)
Forget holding your breath under water and toss those old calipers. The new standard for measuring body composition is the DEXA scan. Find out what it is and how to get one.
7. Duane Stevenson: Coach, Athlete, One Tough Monster (Valerie Worthington)
Duane Stevenson coaches from his crutches and fights from his wheelchair, and he feels like a lucky man. Learn about Duane, his MMA school, and what he really teaches people.