40 Days Of Clean Eating: Chorizo Meatloaf
Day 36 of 40
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 60 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound chorizo (or use ½ pound chorizo and ½ pound ground pork/beef for less spice)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 large stem of kale, stem removed and leaves chopped
- ½ cup ground flax (flax meal)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Sriracha hot sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except the sriracha hot sauce. The best way to combine these is to get dirty and use your (clean) hands to mix it evenly.
- Once mixed, press into a cast iron skillet or loaf pan.
- Squirt sriracha sauce over top.
- Bake about 60 minutes until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Try another chorizo dish:
Topic: Healthy Eating