Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. We had some great posts this week, with popular topics like daughters and the CrossFit Games, Krista Scott-Dixon, tips for building muscle, and more!
1. Daughters, the CrossFit Games, and Self Image (Danette “Dizzle” Rivera)
As my daughters grow up I worry about their self image and what society will push upon them. I am grateful for CrossFit and the Games for showing my daughters strength is beauty.
2. 9 Reasons Muscle is Good (And You Should Get Some) (Tom Kelso)
There are way too many health problems associated with an over-abundance of body fat. I can’t think of any when you have more skeletal muscle. Here are 9 reasons muscle is good for you.
3. Consistent Goals, Evolving Headspace: Interview With Wellness Expert Krista Scott-Dixon, Part 2 (Valerie Worthington)
As Krista has evolved as a coach, so has her website Stumptuous, and so has the health industry as a whole. Here she shares her two cents (and her sharp wit) in regards to the fitness world.
4. How to Be a Stronger, Fitter Grappler in 80 Minutes Per Week (Andrew Read)
Because you’re a grappler you’re probably already short on training time and nursing an injury. For this reason you need a training plan that provides a lot for a little. Read on!
How do you explain that you are madly in love with a long cylindrical object designed to bring you pain? Today I explain the importance of poetry, weightlifting, and a haiku workout.
6. Overtraining Can Kill You: The 3 Stages of Overtraining, Part 1 (Andrew Read)
People joke about workouts that “nearly killed” them. But what does overtraining REALLY look like? And how deadly is it? In this series we take a look at the three stages of overtraining.
7. Product Review: Spun Compression Gear (Plus: Win a Pair of Socks!) (Logan Gelbrich)
Read our review of Spun compression gear AND enter our giveaway contest – you could win one of three pairs of compression socks we are giving away!