Every Sunday we post the “Sunday Seven” so you can quickly see the 7 most popular articles of the week. This week: qualities of a good coach, the benefits of BJJ, rowing, vitamin D, and more!
1. Why I Trust My CrossFit Coach Not To Hurt Me (Shannon Neal)
Most CrossFit clients are not athletes first. They’re parents, spouses, office workers, and law enforcement officers. If they get hurt, there can be far-reaching, life-changing consequences.
2. From the Experts: How To Attract and Retain Women in BJJ (Valerie Worthington)
I recently discovered that not much has been written on how to get women into BJJ, so I did some research and talked to women I know who practice the art. Here’s what they had to share on the topic.
3. Your Inability To Say “No” Makes You a Bad Coach (Becca Borawski)
It happens all the time – coaches who are cheerleaders, not leaders. How does a coach not say “no” or stop a movement? How does a coach not give coaching?
4. What’s Best for Vitamin D: Sunshine, Tanning Bed, or Supplement? (Vanessa Bennington)
You know you need to get enough vitamin D, but do you know which is the best way to get it? What are the benefits of the sun versus a tanning bed? And where do supplements rank?
A muscle that is a flexor at one joint may also be a flexor or extensor at another. These are known as two-jointed muscles, and here are the most effective ways to train the ones in your lower body.
6. The Life Changing Benefits of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (Sally Arsenault)
I started BJJ to learn self defense. Everyone comes to it for different reasons. But what we all get out of it is similar and hugely beneficial to our entire lives.
7. Respect the Rower: An Argument for the Ergometer (Eric C. Stevens)
In many years in fitness, I think I’d been on a rowing machine maybe twice. I recently got some serious instruction and realized how amazing it is. Here’s why I think people miss out on rowing.